Incoherent blogger drivel ahead. Warning, warning.
I’ve been on NEON FRESH LITE for like, two weeks now, and I really thought I was going to get a ton of stuff done and miraculously be five pounds thinner thanks to – I don’t know? Magic? But the girls were home (no camp) and we let them stay up late just about every night to watch The Waltons with us.
Okay, so if, like me not too long ago, have no idea what I mean, The Waltons was a TV show popular in the seventies. My father-in-law loved it and Jack grew up watching reruns. It takes place during the Depression era, and since it’s no secret that I like history, we thought it would be something we could all enjoy watching as a family. I’ve yet to see gratuitous violence, topless women, hear the f-bomb dropped, and it’s not a cartoon so I’d say it’s basically the Loch Ness of TV shows.
The girls love it, I like the history factoids, and Jack is reliving his childhood, so we’re all having a good time. My productive schedule has not and then I’m getting a little bit like, oh man, shouldn’t I be blogging right now? Will everyone forget about me? ARE YOU OUT THERE? ARE YOU!?
But then I consulted a few blogger pals, and it seems like no one’s reading blogs right now anyway, since everyone’s in Back to School/end of summer vaca mode. Sharpening pencils, trudging through the soul-sucking institution that is the local mall, and cursing every website that doesn’t offer speedy shipping. I get it. Put your families first before me I guess. You can come find me in September or something.
I’ve accomplished a few things, and I’m hoping to get a lot more done before the end of the month.
- If you holla at me on FB and Instagram, you might have seen that Sophie is no longer allergic to wheat. Woo!! Remmy + Sophie are still allergic to soy (I also eschew soy for personal health reasons), and most breads have soy in it. We found a few that don’t, but tasting it was like… :| :| :| So now I’m baking our bread, which is pretty Ma Ingalls of me.
- I’ve been organizing my office and am no longer drowning in a vat of paperwork and shame.
- I’ve added one meal to our weekly meal plan. Scoff if you must, but meal planning is not one of my strengths, so let me count it as a win.
- Remmy had her fifth birthday and her little party went without a hitch.
- We started a DietBet (no, not too late to join!), and in theory, I am supposed to be eating well and avoiding my #1 crutch, Mr. Diet Coke.
- We’ve gone swimming and nobody cried.
- The girls ate allergen-free mushroom + garlic (!?!) pizza and they marveled over it.
September is, admittedly, an insane month for me. Lots of stuff, but all really good stuff. I start homeschooling Remmy, Sophie’s back in preschool, I’m in Guatemala the beginning of the month, I speak at a conference at the end of the month, and you know, normal work stuff and blog stuff. I’m trying to get my systems in place now so I’m not in the fetal position by September 3rd. :)
Oh, I checked the calendar and I have like, ten days. Please show up on my doorstep if your organizational skills are on point.
Every month I shout out brands who help make NF go. My undying love and devotion goes to my two hard hitters, Stitch Culture and Two Poodle Press. If you need a birthday gift, teacher gift, shower gift, grandparent gift, friend gift, or if you’re one of those amazing people who is all set for Christmas by September, do hit up their shops. They’ve got great unique products, are incredibly professional, and you’re supporting cool people + small businesses.
I also like to thank you guys every month for hitting up my blog, keeping me company, and providing me with adult interaction. (No offense, cute children.) I’m teaming up with Bev at Flamingo Toes (her blog is not about flamingoes or podiatry) and Famous Footwear.
In celebration of the openings of three new stores (New York, stand up) in White Plains, Selden, and the Bronx, we’re giving away $50 gift cards to four lucky winners. Score some shoes for yourself or your kids (they just keep growing, don’t they). :) Click the box below to enter.